LEADTOOLS released several updates to the LEADTOOLS Multimedia family of products.
Programmers use the Multimedia SDKs for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast and security.
With LEADTOOLS, developers can complete complex DirectShow and Media Foundation tasks with fewer lines of code. This advanced technology takes any file, capture device, ONVIF-conformant camera, UDP and RTSP stream, and converts it on the fly to a variety of formats and industry-standard protocols including Flash, Adobe HDS, Apple HTTP Live Streaming, MPEG-DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, RTSP and HTML5.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server SDK Technology
• High-level Media Streaming Server framework with minimal coding required
• Use any capture device, ONVIF-conformant camera, UDP and RTSP stream and file to stream to any client
◦ RTSP/RTP — for web browsers with the Apple QuickTime or VLC RTSP plugin installed or any application that supports RTSP
◦ RTSP/RTP (MPEG-2 Transport) — for web browsers with Apple QuickTime or VLC RTSP plugin installed or any application that supports RTSP
◦ RTSP/RTP over HTTP — for web browsers with Apple QuickTime or VLC RTSP plugin installed or any application that supports RTSP
◦ Adobe Flash RTMP — for any web browser that has Adobe Flash installed ◦Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) — for Apple iPad / iPhone and Android devices
◦ HTML5 Video — for most web browsers with HTML5 support (PC and mobile devices)
◦ Microsoft Smooth Streaming (SSF) — for web browsers with Microsoft Silverlight installed
◦ MPEG-DASH — for most web browsers that have Adobe Flash installed
◦ Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) — for most web browsers that have Adobe Flash installed
• Automatically restream or transcode videos on the fly from a single base format to minimize recompression
• Configure server settings programmatically or with XML files
◦ Supports custom, application-defined properties and settings
• Monitor and manage connected users
• Flexible filters and demultiplexers allow for continuous streaming with changing formats
• Stream high-quality videos at Full HD 1080p resolution
• Broadcast audio/video content and streams
• Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development